Tuesday 6 March 2012

peanut butter and chocolate


Due to the never-ending reminders from my friend requesting (ie. demanding =p) me to bake something using peanut butter, I decided to attempt these peanut butter filled chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter cream cheese frosting. With three different components, the cupcakes took longer to make than I had expected - though, with raving reviews it was definitely time well spent.

In this recipe, note that confectioners’ sugar is equivalent to icing sugar, all-purpose flour is simply plain flour, and frozen whipped topping can be substituted with thickened cream. I used thickened cream and whipped it until it was less runny and thicker in consistency to ensure the frosting held well when piped. For the piping, a Wilton 1M decorating tip was used. And as a final touch, chocolate shavings can be sprinkled on top – something I completely forgot to do!

Thil
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...