Thursday 12 April 2012

rose and strawberry


Having come across this delightful looking rose and strawberry parfait, I thought I’d give it a try. The recipe itself was quite straightforward to follow, and the only thing I did differently was to add some food colouring to get the rose mousse to a light pink colour. Unfortunately my rose mousse didn’t turn out quite as I expected in the way of consistency and taste. I’m not quite sure what I did wrong, but would love to hear from anyone who attempts this recipe and has a better end result. Regardless, the parfaits look quite pretty!

Thil
xx

1 comment:

  1. I made a strawberry mirror cake with Bavarian cream (it's similar to mousse/parfait) and I have to say the strawberry bavarian cream was very disappointing in taste. My theory is that the strawberries they sell at Coles and Woolies are nowhere near as sweet as the strawberries that they used to grow in the olden days when these recipes were made. They've been modified to look pretty and have a long shelf life at the cost of taste. Because of that I'm avoiding any strawberry mousse type recipes. But if you're going to keep at at maybe add a bit more sugar next time?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...