Friday 6 July 2012

milo cake


My housemate’s birthday was last month, so I whipped up this milo cake with condensed milk icing and dark chocolate and milo ganache to celebrate. I had never used milo in a cake before, but it worked well, as did the condensed milk icing which made for a sweet and creamy filling. The bitterness of the dark chocolate in the ganache also helped level out the sweetness of this icing. I unfortunately let the ganache set for a little too long, meaning icing the cake didn’t go quite to plan.

Also, please excuse the lack of photos in this entry. I managed to take a handful of shots, none of which were really good enough to use, but then I gave up and figured one half-decent photo was better than none. You can find much better photos here, along with the recipe.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...