Saturday 29 December 2012

carrot cake



I remember first being introduced to the idea of carrot cake and thinking to myself how carrot in a cake could possibly be yummy. Let’s just say that I’m glad my mum persuaded me to try some, because it has since become one of my most favourite cakes to eat.

I used a Martha Stewart recipe to make my first ever carrot cake, and considering the great reviews I got from my mum and my friends who tried it, I think it worked out really well. I made a two-layer cake instead of a three-layer one, just out of sheer laziness. I also made the mistake of not putting enough cream cheese frosting between the layers, so my advice is to definitely overdo it! Overall, a deliciously moist, lightly spiced, pecan encrusted and well-balanced cake that I’m sure I’ll be making time and time again.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...