Monday 11 June 2012

melting moments


I have always loved melting moments for the simple reason that they quite literally melt in your mouth. And having seen these little beauties on Masterchef a few weeks ago, I decided to whip up a batch of my own. My melting moments were definitely fatter than I intended them to be, but I figured that just meant there was more deliciously crumbly goodness to indulge in. The vanilla buttercream was heaven - lusciously smooth and rich with vanilla flavour through the use of vanilla bean paste. As for the jam, I substituted strawberries in place of the raspberries and it worked out quite well - though I’m pretty sure melting moments traditionally don’t have a jam component to them. I actually prefer them with the vanilla buttercream alone anyway. As a final touch, don’t forget to serve them with a sprinkle of icing sugar!

And did they melt in my mouth? Most definitely! Find the recipe here.

xx

1 comment:

  1. This is the yummiest thing you've ever made!!! Terry and I were fighting for the last one.... (we ended up diplomatically breaking it in two). So glad I get to try your experiments :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...